Alright some of you might be a bit confused…The name Blintz and our picture isn’t adding up!! You’re right. Normally a cheese blintz might look more like rolled pancake or crepe stuffed with cheese. We’ve re-vamped this traditional dish to suit YOU. Our goal at CUT is making incredible food more accessible, easier to prepare and in general less stressful for you- the chef!
While we have admitted to not using our food processor often, we do LOVE our blender. Not going to lie… a good blender is an investment but goodness it will make your kitchen easy. This protein packed recipe is simply prepped by adding ingredients into your blender and whazzing it up! There’s really 2 different components, the bottom/batter layer and then the filling. Could this recipe be any easier? Let’s get started…
Done. I think that took all of 5 minutes? Yes?
Have you ever dared take the lid of your blender while mixing?!? We had to have a peek…
Incredible isn’t it?
Pour half into your greased baking dish and get ready to make the filling part. You thought the batter/bottom layer was easy…well, this doesn’t even dirty your blender. Simply mix by hand the filling ingredients in a large bowl then spoon the mixture onto the batter/bottom layer.
Have you been watching the clock? Maybe 10 minutes to this point? It’s such an easy, quick recipe. Although, this blintz can also be prepared ahead. After pouring the rest of the bottom/batter layer over the cottage cheese filling, it can rest in your fridge until you’re ready to bake. Perfect for company or those weekend brunches when you look forward to incredible food with little effort.
BlintzCourse: MainCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
This is a protein packed punch. Using cottage cheese and eggs, it makes an incredible option for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Perfect for making the night before, serving to company or simply the weekend family brunch. Our families even sometimes will eat cold and pack it for lunch. Top it with your favourite yogurt, whipping cream, syrup, fruit….It’s delish!!
- Bottom/Batter layer
1 cup CUT flour
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup soft butter
1/4 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
3 cups cottage cheese
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Grease 9X13 baking dish.
- Blend all “bottom/batter layer” ingredients in blender. Pour half into baking dish.
- Combine “filling” ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Drop large spoonfuls of “filling” onto “bottom /batter layer”. Use entire mixture of “filling”.
- Pour remaining “bottom/batter layer” over entire dish.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 45-50 min.
- Top with favourite yogurt, whipping cream, fruit, syrups…we dare you to be creative!
- *If you are making this in advance, you can stop at this point and simply leave in the fridge until you’re ready to bake. It’s perfect to leave overnight and have fresh from the oven in the morning or whenever you’re ready to bake the next day!
- Lol, do we dare say to pair with bacon?!? Stacey and Meg
You might never go back to the pancake style again. Just saying…