We’d like to first wish you a Happy New Year!! We hope that you all had a safe night celebrating with friends and family and are looking forward to what 2020 will bring. The first day of a New Year! Before the lists of resolutions begin, we imagine that most of you still this morning need a strong cup of coffee.
It’s still the holiday season though for a few more days! (We might be counting) And on that note; who doesn’t love eggnog!?! We’re pretty sure that our families couldn’t live without this incredibly rich and creamy treat. What’s better than a glass of eggnog? Or an eggnog latte? Not much…Except eggnog pancakes!
Our love for eggnog has definitely spilled over into these pancakes. Perfect for the morning after a late night of celebrations, these pancakes are easy to whip up. We promise every age will be excited. Your entire family will be looking to add another to the stack on their plate!
This easy recipe can be mixed all by hand. That’s right no need pull out any extra appliances! An easy breakfast when the kids are hungry and you really just want to recuperate with your coffee…Add a bit of festive eggnog to your mug as you make these delicious pancakes 🙂 It’s Jan 1!
Let’s get cooking now as the caffeine is starting to set in, you feel slightly human again and the kids are content knowing breakfast is literally under 5 min away.
That’s it! They’re that easy to make. Top with your favourite toppings – syrup, whipping cream, hazelnut spread, fruit… whatever you love on pancakes!
Eggnog PancakesCourse: Not Always BreakfastCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
Our love for eggnog has spilled into these pancakes. These are the perfect holiday breakfast. Easy to whip up, and never disappointing at any age. We promise the entire family will be looking to add another to their stack! Did we mention that they’re also GLUTEN-FREE!!!! These pancakes can also be made replacing the eggnog with milk when the season is sadly over. Don’t miss this one – quickly go and find that last jug of eggnog and whip these delicious pancakes up!
1 1/4 cup CUT Flour
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs (beaten)
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1 1/2 cup eggnog
- In medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients- CUT flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir well.
- In smaller mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs using a fork, combine melted coconut oil and stir well. Pour into dry ingredients.
- Add eggnog to mixture and stir very well using whisk or fork.
- Turn stovetop to medium temperature and heat griddle or frying pan. When warmed, begin pouring small amounts of batter into pancake size rounds onto griddle or pan.
- When bubbles start to form on top of batter, flip and cook other side. This total cooking process won’t take long. Approximately 3 minutes. You made need to adjust your temperature slightly if you find your pan gets too hot.
- When all the batter is made into pancakes, top with your favourite toppings! Our families love whipping cream, hazelnut spread, fruit, syrup…don’t forget to pour yourself an eggnog coffee or latte to pair with these delicious pancakes!
- Love, Meg and Stacey
You might want to run and clean out the last of the eggnog in the stores…these will be on your menu again we’re sure. Although when the eggnog runs out, you can replace the eggnog for milk. These pancakes turn out beautiful using both eggnog or milk!
Best wishes for this New Year!
Stacey and Meg