YAY!!! It’s officially “Fall Spice Latte” season. AKA, FSL season – formally known as PSL season;) Is anyone else as excited as we are? The traditional latte taken up a notch with fall spices and the addition of pumpkin…it’s all just too amazing! We love our beloved coffee shops but decided that this incredible drink needed to be enjoyed from not leaving your home. We also agreed that we could make this from real pumpkin purée and from sweeteners not in a ‘pump form’.
Now whether or not you have an espresso maker at home, you can absolutely still make this drink. We’re both Moms and run busy households. We know how to be adaptable and we tailor our recipes as such. So if you need to change how you froth your milk, or get those shots of caffeine added…this drink will be amazing however created.
Go ahead and literally steam everything together – the milk, sugar, vanilla, spice mix and of course the pumpkin purée! Just give it a good stir before frothing. If you don’t have a milk frother of any sorts, that’s ok! You can also just simply warm up the ingredients all together in a pot on the stove. Just be sure to warm on low heat and stir often.
We’re not going to lie, we love the Nespresso line for easy espresso and coffee drinks at home. Whether it’s simply a lungo pour or an FSL…it’s easy to be an at-home barista! Again though, if you have just a small hand milk frother- they work great! Or simply don’t froth the milk and enjoy a pumpkin spice coffee.
All options will work great and ensure you have a delicious warm fall spice drink in your hands. We don’t want to single anyone out in the kitchen because you don’t have an appliance. If you want the “goods”, we’ll help you navigate the recipe!
Once the milk mixture is ready, make your shot of espresso or pour some dark brewed coffee. Your FSL is only a minute away! This gourmet indulgence is that easy.
Lol, don’t forget the best part… the whipping cream and homemade caramel sauce! https://cutcooking.com/caramel-sauce/
Fall Spice LatteCourse: BeveragesCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
The traditional latte taken up a notch with fall spices and the addition of real pumpkin purée and no liquid “pump” sweeteners. A gourmet indulgence in every sip!
1 1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp pumpkin purée
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp CUT fall spice blend (https://cutcooking.com/cut-fall-spice-blend/)
4 oz. espresso or dark roast coffee
- Optional Toppings
CUT caramel sauce ( https://cutcooking.com/caramel-sauce/ )
- Combine all the ingredients except the espresso or coffee in a milk frothing pitcher or in a pot if steaming on the stove.
- Ensure that everything has been well combined.
- Steam pumpkin milk until desired temperature, a latte is usually served around 60°C / 150°F. If you are heating the milk on the stove, ensure you are doing so on low heat and watching carefully so you don’t scald the milk.
- Divide the pumpkin milk in half between two mugs.
- Make your espresso shots or measure out 2 oz. of dark roast coffee per drink.
- Pour into mugs of steamed milk.
- Top with whipping cream and caramel sauce if you dare.
- Find the cozy socks and just take a Fall Spice Latte minute…
Stacey and Meg