Happy Halloween!! Somehow the end of the month is already here and it’s October 31. Whether you’re dressing up or not this year, we decided that fun Halloween food is a must! Our recipe for Mummy Dogs is a great one to involve the kids and create meal time fun. It’s a fun way to dress up a hot dog and simply uses our Pizza Dough recipe. (https://cutcooking.com/pizza-dough/)
Go ahead and make our gluten free pizza crust and stock up on gluten free hot dogs. These Mummy Dogs will be a hit!
We love educating our followers where gluten loves to hide – and hot dogs is one of those tricky surprises! Who would think that a hotdog wiener would have gluten? We’re here to tell you that many hot dogs and processed meats DO actually contain gluten. There are numerous different fillers and processing techniques used within hot dogs that contain gluten. Always look for a gluten free symbol or read the labels very carefully on processed meat products.
Back to our Mummy dogs – you’ll need to make three slices in your hot dog. These cuts will help to create your Mummy’s legs and arms. Use a sharp knife and let your imagination run!
Lol, careful, these Mummy’s like to get up and go!
Make our Pizza Dough, roll it flat and begin to cut it into strips. Wrap the strips of dough then around your Mummy to create the “bandages”. This is the part if you’re kids are a bit older, they’ll definitely enjoy helping! Let everyone have part in making Mummy dogs for supper. The messier the bandages are – the better!
Serve these spooky Mummy Dogs with whatever ketchup and mustard you’d normally have with hot dogs. The tricky decision will be what limb you bite first! Lol.
Mummy DogsCourse: MainCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
It’s October 31 and whether or not you’re “trick or treating”, a Mummy dog will bring a smile to everyone. This recipe is an easy twist on a hotdog using our gluten free Pizza Dough! Happy Halloween!
8 gluten free hotdogs
CUT Pizza Dough (https://cutcooking.com/pizza-dough/)
hot dog condiments such as ketchup and mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Make CUT Pizza Dough. (https://cutcooking.com/pizza-dough/)
- Roll dough approximately 1/16″ thick and using a knife cut strips approximately 1/8″ – 1/4″ wide.
- Cut wiener first in half lengthwise, half way up the “dog”. These are the Mummy’s legs.
- Next you’ll cut arms. On the upper half of the hotdog, slice 1/3 of the wiener on each side or each arm. (See above blog for picture details.)
- Using the dough strips, wrap the hot dog around it’s head, arms, and legs. If the dough tears – that’s ok! Let the kids help and have fun with the Mummy Dogs “bandages” and how unique they will all be!
- Bake 12- 15 minutes or until dough slightly golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite hot dog condiments.
- Happy Halloween!
Stacey and Meg