It’s Monday, the start of another week. The start of more Covid homeschooling, back to work from home offices, juggling everyone’s schedules and figuring out who needs what device for what online meeting. Whew, we’re exhausted already thinking about it! Does anyone else agree? The changes of home quarantine has brought on elements of more ‘busy’?!
To those of you who have found new cycles of time and are experimenting more in the kitchen, we congratulate you! This is so exciting to see.
Those of you who can’t even think about finding the time to bake or trial a recipe right now, it’s absolutely alright! We have EVERYONE covered with our cinnamon bun popcorn. It tastes like the luxury of homemade cinnamon buns prepared in under 45 minutes!
Pull out your popcorn kernels, cinnamon and roaster. Lets make some sweet, carmel corn. Although we caution you: it’s highly addictive and incredibly delicious. It won’t last long with the entire family around!
We love the crunch of popcorn! It’s such a great affordable treat that literally every age loves. The addition of carmel and cinnamon make this recipe extra special. Make Monday an evening of fun. Who has to wait for the weekend? It’s these small things that will make a difference right now during these unpredictable days.
As with all our sweet popcorns, you’ll start with our Tawny Popcorn base. Then simply add the cinnamon. That’s it!
Cinnamon Bun PopcornCourse: TreatsDifficulty: Easy
Our Tawny Popcorn is again taken to a new level. This treats status is on par with the cinnamon bun! Guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth with a perfect crunch. Caution: it’s highly addictive and will be gone before you know it.
16 cups popped popcorn
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp + 1 tsp baking soda
baking paper for cooling
- Preheat oven to 250 °F
- Pour 16 cups of popped popcorn into a large roaster.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan on low heat.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup and cinnamon, stirring thoroughly to ensure sugar is well melted.
- When mixture begins to bubble, add baking soda and stir quickly.
- When mixture begins to “rise” in pot, remove from heat and pour over popcorn.
- Stirring popcorn quickly, ensure all kernels are well coated with cinnamon topping.
- Bake in oven for a total of 30 minutes; stir popcorn after 10 minutes and again after 20 minutes.
- Remove roaster from oven and pour popcorn onto baking paper on cooling rack.
- Once cool, break into smaller chunks….ha! Or not.
Stacey and Meg
Oh sweet cinnamon bun! Is popcorn allowed for a breakfast treat too?