If you’ve been following us for a while or trialed already our recipes, you’ll know that we LOVE dips! We love any and every sauce, dip and condiment. In fact, they’re a favourite of ours to create. We knew that summer campfires wouldn’t be the same without us making an incredible sauce to cheers your roasted hotdog!
Created with fresh tomatoes, apple cider vinegar and lemons, this is the ultimate summer campfire addition! We promise it’s so delicious on so many backyard options. Dip your fries, spread it on a hamburger or hotdog – pair it with anything you’d normally use ketchup. However, brace yourself because the taste of CUT-chup is like no other. We have no doubt it will become a favourite!
This is such an easy recipe to create. Throw everything in a pot, and let it simmer. Blend. That’s honestly the extent of it. A super easy recipe and tastes so incredible. The hardest part of this one is waiting to taste it!
We won’t make you wait any longer, no more talking about how amazing this condiment is. Let’s get making it!
CUT-ChupCourse: Dip, SpreadCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
A fresh tomatoe sauce for dipping and spreading. Perfect for summer. Perfect for campfires. Perfect for families.
3.5 lbs roma tomatoes
1 medium onion
2 tsp salt
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
Juice from one lemon
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup mayonnaise once cooled
- Using a large pot, combine all the ingredients except mayonnaise. There’s no need to blanch tomatoes. Simply cut them up and in the pot!
- On low heat begin to simmer. Continue to do so for approximately 3 hours.
- Once flavours have fused and tomatoe’s have reduced, remove from heat.
- Using a Vitamix blender, purée heated ingredients.
- Add mayonnaise and mix again.
- Store in the fridge either in a squeeze bottle or glass jar. Will stay fresh for 2-3 weeks.
- Make your campfire. Start dipping and spreading,
Stacey and Meg