Hi my name is Olivia. I am Stacey’s daughter and I love Easter! I made Easter puppy chow to celebrate. It is really easy to make and everyone will like it.
Peanut butter is one of my favorite foods, so I really wanted to add peanut butter. There is peanut butter chex, peanut butter, chocolate and all sorts of yummy stuff in the Puppy Chow.
I made the Easter puppy chow by myself. I enjoyed doing it and my whole family loves it. It is a great “on the go” treat!
It is so yummy! I put candy coated chocolate eggs in it, but you can put whatever you want. Some other ideas might be: candy, chocolate or nuts.
Even though it is called Puppy Chow, please don’t feed It to your puppy! It can give your puppy a bad tummy ache. Just share this Puppy Chow with your human friends and family!
Olivia’s Easter Puppy ChowCourse: Dessert, TreatCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
This Easter Puppy Chow treat is so easy and full of peanut butter, chocolate and Chex cereal! I promise everyone will be licking their bowl after…maybe just not the puppy this time.
8 cups peanut butter Chex cereal
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup peanut butter
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups candy coated chocolate eggs
1 large Zip-loc bag
- Measure the Chex cereal into a large bowl.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, combine the butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave again for 20 seconds. Stir well.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture onto the Chex cereal.
- Stir well. Be careful not to break up the Chex. Stir until all the cereal in coated well with the “peanut butter goodness”.
- Using a large zip-loc plastic bag, pour the Chex mixture and powdered sugar together in the bag.
- Gently shake the bag until the cereal is fully covered with powdered sugar.
- Pour the Puppy Chow onto a baking tray to fully cool. Add candy coated chocolate eggs.
- Store in a tin. (A plastic container will make your Puppy Chow soggy.)
- HAPPY EASTER,