The chicken- here’s a funny animal…They are such a part of our lives and we hardly give credit to this quirky bird. From the farm wake up call for breakfast to lunch and dinner, chickens are part of our many daily foods.
Our families are fortunate to have fresh farm eggs weekly from a friend. We love the chickens when we go to pick up the eggs. The loud clucking, pecking, wings flapping, the webbed feet scurrying always makes us laugh!
Who doesn’t love chicken? We have found that chicken is one of those go-to meat proteins most everyone will agree on. This recipe is perfect for a busy evening when supper is needed quickly, but also when company is coming! …And we promise even the kids might be more willing to try the “green” veggie.
Chicken AsparagusCourse: MainCuisine: ChickenDifficulty: Easy
This easy chicken dish is so easy to make yet yet serves gourmet! A tender juicy chicken breast, with asiago cheese, sauteed mushrooms and asparagus will please every age! Make this delicious dish for a weeknight meal or when companies coming.
4 chicken breasts
8 slices of Asiago cheese
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
16 asparagus shoots (approximately depending on size of stalk)
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt butter in frying pan on med/low heat. Add sliced mushrooms and garlic. Saute until mushrooms thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, butterfly chicken breasts lengthwise. Using a sharp knife, place one hand on top of the chicken breast, slice horizontally into the chicken, dividing it in half. Stop about a half-inch from the opposite side. When finished, you should be able to open it wide.
- Lay 2 pieces of cheese over inside of chicken breast. Top with 1/4 of the sauteed mushrooms, lay approx 4 shoots of asparagus over too.
- Fold chicken breast closed again and lay in glass baking pan.
- Bake for 45 min until chicken juices run clear or an internal temperature in the thickest part is 165°F (75°C)
- Simplicity at its finest, Stacey and Meg