Banana bread. Yum. Need we say more?!? It’s a staple in many homes…And most have an undying love for this sweet and wholesome loaf. It serves as fuel for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and we’re sure even for the odd dinner it’s snuck into bellies!
Within the CUT kitchen, we knew that it was top priority to develop a gluten-free banana bread recipe. We couldn’t fathom leaving anyone to open a lunch bag and never to find a slice of this comforting nosh again. Just for you, a gluten-free banana bread that is so moist and light has been created.
We worked hard in developing this recipe because we knew that it would be compared to its many predecessors. Its texture is so amazing, you’d have no idea it was gluten-free!… Nor will any of the other mouths you feed.
We promise it will satisfy any diet… with bellies looking for seconds. Start peeling your ripe bananas that are longing to have purpose again and begin baking!
Banana BreadCourse: Snacks, sweet breadsCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: easy
A gluten-free banana bread that is so moist and light no one will ever know the difference. It’s texture is exactly of it’s gluten-FULL predecessor. This sweet bread will satisfy anyone’s belly and we promise everyone will be asking for more!
2 1/2 cups (345g) CUT flour
8 ripe bananas
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/3 cup soft butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
4 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Peel and mash bananas well. We like to throw them in the mixer whole and let the mixer do the mashing.
- Combine soft butter, applesauce, brown sugar, and egg whites.
- Slowly add CUT flour while mixing. Stir just till blended.
- Add Vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix to ensure everything blended.
- Pour into 2 loaf pans dividing batter evenly.
- Bake for 45 min or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan and slicing.
- Share the banana goodness, Stacey and Meg