The potatoes are so good on their own…but seriously, what’s Christmas dinner without gravy!?! Onto the (gluten-free) gravy recipe!
What’s in those little packages of gravy mix anyways? It’s a bit scary to look at the ingredients, and recognize whats what…not to mention most include gluten. Our recipe for gravy is so delicious and uses the actual drippings from whatever meat you’re cooking. Everything is whole and natural and gluten-free!
This is it! This is all you’ll need to make the most incredible gravy ever. You’ll never go back to the little package again. (If you were even able to be so lucky and find a gluten-free version.)
Gravy (Gluten Free)Course: SideCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
There’s no need to buy a gravy pack again. This recipe is so easy and uses the actual drippings from either the turkey or chicken you’re roasting….and did we mention it’s gluten-free! We promise that you’ll never look back to the package again.
3 cups drippings
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup COLD water
4 tbsp CUT flour
- Remove either your turkey or chicken from it’s roaster when finished cooking. Pour the drippings into small saucepan. You then can replace the meat back into it’s roaster to stay warm or until your ready to cut it…Let’s make the gravy!
- Set saucepan of drippings on stove top; med/low heat.
- Add wine; salt and pepper to saucepan. Stir.
- Measure cold water into a lid-tight container and add either CUT flour. Close lid and shake well. Make sure that either flour or cornstarch is combined well. Mixture should look like a thick creamy milk.
- Pour into saucepan and whisk well to combine.
- Continue to stir until thickens and begins to boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer. Stir often until ready to use.
- That’s it! Well done, Stacey and Meg
That’s truly how simple is it to take your feast to the next level and keep everything gluten-free. We wish you all luck navigating the lineups at the grocery stores for now. Stay tuned for more side recipes to keep your Christmas dinner amazingly gluten-free.