When you’re told there’s no gluten any more within your diet, or you’ve made the conscious decision to no longer eat gluten…there’s a sudden realization of no more pizza. Pizza! Oh my goodness, very few of us can do life without pizza. There’s something that’s just so incredible and comforting about this Italian pie loaded with veggies, meats and cheeses. You can say no to gluten…but pizza?!? Really?!?
For every man, woman and child in North America, over 23 pounds of pizza is consumed yearly. That’s a lot of pizza. Developing a gluten-free pizza crust to live up to this demand, we’ve designed a pizza crust just for you! It can be made thinner or thicker. Rolled to whatever type of pizza crust you prefer! It’s firm on the outside to hold up it’s ingredients, yet soft when you take a bite. It’s simple ingredients you most likely have already in your kitchen and takes very little time to make up!
Another bonus, you can literally combine all the ingredients in your mixer bowl using a dough hook and only have to dirty your hands when rolling out your shells. We love the idea of individual pizza’s and tend to stick with smaller crusts; but you can definitely roll a larger pizza pie.
As with most gluten-free dough, we will emphasize again it may look sticky. This is ok! Don’t forget to flour your surface and incorporate more flour as needed when rolling out your dough. Hint- It also helps to flour the rolling pin!
Before building your pizza with its toppings, roll the edges slightly. You don’t have to create a huge crust, but this will help toppings and cheese to stay put and not slid off your shell. Also pre-baking your crust for approx 7-10 min (depending on the thickness) will help the center not be ‘soggy’ when you load up the pizza with toppings. That’s it! Homemade pizza is literally that easy!
Never doubt the cross-contamination factors or gluten in your pizza again. Enjoy every comforting bite.
Pizza DoughCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Our pizza crust tastes exactly as you would expect it’s gluten-full predecessor does. Gluten-free in comparison, it’s full of flavour, strong enough to hold it’s toppings and soft enough to allow your teeth to sink into. The perfect texture, it can be rolled thin or thick.
3 cups CUT flour
1 cup gluten-free beer
2 1/2 tsp instant quick rise yeast
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 cloves minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients into mixer bowl.
- Mix on medium speed 3 minutes using dough hook. Ensure ingredients are all incorporating every couple minutes. Scrap the sides of the bowl using a spatula if needed.
- Flour rolling surface well with CUT flour.
- Once mixed, divide into balls of dough depending no how many shells, size and thickness desired.
- Roll dough on floured surface to desired thickness and size.
- Transfer to greased baking pan and roll slightly edges of crust.
- Pre-bake crusts approximately 7-10 min (depending on thickness) before removing from oven and add toppings.
- Once desired sauce and toppings are added to pizza shells, bake again until cheese is well melted, bubbly and turning golden. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Turn oven to low broil if more of a crusty cheese if desired. Watch carefully if you are using this setting as pizza’s will only need a few minutes at the end.
- “You can’t make everyone happy, you aren’t pizza”…but YOU CAN MAKE PIZZA! Stacey and Meg