Chicken Cordon Bleu- It sounds fancy. It looks fancy. It tastes fancy. But it’s easy! We’re here to share with you a traditional recipe turned gluten-free that will impress anyone.
With Valentines day around the corner, this is the perfect meal to celebrate with your loved one. Or in our case, we love celebrating Valentines day also with our kids. This is a perfect option because even the kids will love it! Promise.
Using simple ingredients that you most likely have in your fridge or pantry already, this meal is not complicated. Begin by tenderizing your chicken breast and you’re ready to go.
Even the kids can help with this meal – keep YOUR hands “chickeny” and let them add the ham and cheese before rolling it all together! We always find that if they help create in the kitchen, the more they love mealtimes. Especially a picky eater…let them contribute to the end result 🙂
Alright- back to the Chicken Cordon Bleu. Layer the cheese, then ham, and then cheese again. Sprinkle with sprigs of fresh dill.
Next you’ll begin rolling your chicken breast tightly and tuck all any cheese or ham inside the roll. Secure with toothpicks in a couple spots and the chicken is ready for breading.
To simplify your life and the cleanup process, set up your breading “station” near the stovetop. Melt your butter in the frying pan and have it warm and ready to go!
Dredge the chicken first in CUT Flour, then in egg and finally in gluten-free bread crumbs. Note** To ensure the cheese doesn’t come cooking all out, DOUBLE bread them. So after the first round, repeat the egg and bread crumbs again. Make sure your chicken breast is covered well.
As soon as the chicken is breaded thoroughly, place the roll into the heated frying pan with butter, and cook until golden brown. Approximately 3-5 minutes per side. Then transfer to a baking dish.
That’s it! A gourmet meal ready within an hour. Love at first bite!
Chicken Cordon BleuCourse: Main, ChickenCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Moderate
A traditional recipe turned gluten-free. Chicken stuffed with honey ham, swiss cheese, breaded with CUT Flour and smothered in our Bearnollandiase Sauce. This dish will steal anyone’s heart. It’s SO GOOD!!!
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Tenderize chicken flat.
- Layer swiss cheese, gluten-free ham, swiss cheese and sprinkle fresh dill.
- Roll chicken into a “pinwheel” and secure with toothpicks. Ensure cheese and ham is tucked inside the chicken breast.
- Dredge each chicken “roll” in CUT Flour, beaten egg and then bread crumbs.
- Repeat the egg “dip” and roll again in another layer of bread crumbs.
- Warm frying pan on medium heat and melt butter.
- Transfer each breaded chicken breast to frying pan and fry to brown on all sides.
- Grease baking dish and transfer browned chicken from frying pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, prepare Bearnollandiase Sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken breast when serving. Love at first bite!
Stacey and Meg